Residence Halls

NDSU has 13 residence halls that offer a variety of living environments. For a general description of the halls and their features, click on the name of the desired hall below. First-year students may live in any of the traditional or suite-style halls listed below. Apartment-style halls are reserved for upper-division students/upperclassmen only. 

Traditional Halls   Suite-style Halls Apartment-style Halls 
Burgum HallCater HallMathew Living Learning Center
Churchill HallSeim HallNiskanen Hall
Dinan HallSevrinson Hall
Reed/Johnson HallsPavek Hall
Stockbridge HallThompson Hall
Weible Hall

Amenities and Features
Every hall has its own unique amenities and features, but all halls offer the following: printing stations, onsite mail, coinless laundry, cleaning supplies, video streaming services, rec lounges, study lounges, community kitchen, wifi, hall office with games/videos/entertainment options, and secure keyless card entrances. 

Rates for the upcoming year are typically posted in March. View rates for residence halls and apartments here. 

Residence Life Experience

Residence Life provides more than a bed, we provide a place to grow, learn, connect, explore and make an impact. Learn more about the Residence Life Experience

Learning Communities

Learning communities are groups of students who live together in our high rises and connect through shared academic or personal goals. 

Apply for Housing

Incoming Students:
If you are a new, incoming student, apply here

Current Students: 
If you are a current student and would like to renew your residence hall room, renew here.

Roommate Matching

Use MyCollegeRoomie to match up with someone new or someone you know!

Get Involved In Your Hall

One of the best ways to connect on campus is by getting involved! Learn all the ways to get involved in your hall!

On-Campus Living Requirement

Because living on campus increases the chance that students will achieve academic and personal success, all first-year students are required to live in a residence hall on campus. Learn more or request an exemption.

Accommodation Requests 

All requests for accessibility or other accommodation needs should be sent to Disability Services. They will work with our department to determine appropriate housing arrangements. 

Top of page