Fall 2021 Move-in Day:
Saturday, August 21 | 8am - 1pm
Before You Arrive:
- Carefully review the driving directions to your residence hall. Do not use GPS to get to your hall, as we direct traffic flow that day.
- Label all items/boxes with your hall and room number.
When You Arrive:
- Place your “hall name sign” which you will receive in the mail on the driver’s side dash.
- Once on campus, road signs and volunteers will guide you to a space near your hall.
Fully unload all of your belongings, then have one person drive to your designated parking lot.
Do not leave your car unattended at the drop-off sites.
Do not bring pets; they are not allowed in the halls and August tends to be very hot.
The Move-In Crew will assist you in bringing your belongings (labelled with hall/room) up to your room.
At check-in you will receive the following items:
- Room Condition Form: You will inspect your room and report/record the current conditions.
- Room Key
- NDSU ID: If you visited NDSU during the summer you may have already received your ID from the Card Center.
- Parking pass: Parking pass sales begin July 15, 2021. If you pre-order your parking pass online, it will be given to you at residence hall check-in.
- Start unpacking, meeting people, and exploring the campus!
- Break down cardboard boxes used during move-in and bring them to a designated recycling location.
- Head to the Memorial Union to get last minute supplies at the NDSU Bookstore, or assistance from NDSU One Stop (student account info, financial aid, tuition, payments, scholarships, etc.)
- Dining Centers are open! Please remember that five-day unlimited meal plans are not active on Saturdays and Sundays. Students with a five-day meal plan, along with all family members and friends, can eat for a discounted rate of $8/person and can pay at the door. The NDSU Food Court and Coffee Shops will also be open! Check out hours here.
- Welcome Week activities for first-year students begin at 4pm with community gatherings and dinner with your residence hall. Students with a five-day meal plan do NOT have to pay for the Welcome Week dinner on Saturday.
- If you arrive after the designated time of 8am-1pm on August 21, we will have on-call staff to check you in. Should you arrive after Monday, August 23 please contact your Hall Director to set up a check-in time. If arriving after August 27, please notify us so we do not cancel your room assignment.
- We recognize some families may require a quieter and less crowded move-in experience. If you need to reserve a scheduled move-in time for Friday, August 20th, please email email@example.com. Please note that move-in crew and other staff assistance will not be available on Friday, June 20th.
- All first year students are required to live on campus.
- All students who check in are making a commitment to live on campus for the full academic year. After moving in, cancellations may result in a financial penalty, even if your permanent address is within 35 miles of campus. Typically, the only students released without penalty are those who are leaving NDSU, graduating, or participating in an internship, co-op, or study abroad program.