NDSU Move In | 2021 Spring Semester
Welcome home to NDSU Residence Life! We are so excited for you to move in and make your hall, your home.
Residence Halls open for spring semester at noon on Sunday, January 10. Doors will be open and staff will be at the main desk from noon - 9pm to welcome you and check you in. During your check-in you will receive your NDSU ID Card, room key, mail key, and check-in paperwork.
If you are not able to move in during this time period, no worries. When you arrive, simply call the "RA on Duty" phone number which is posted on the main door. They meet you at the front door, let you into the building, and check you in.
The West Dining Center will be open from 4pm - 9pm on Sunday, January 10. All three dining centers will open with academic-year hours on Monday.
Most halls have 30-minute parking lots that are near their main entrance; feel free to park in this area while you unload. You may also park in any residence hall parking lot while you move in. If you have not already ordered and received your parking pass in the mail, contact the parking office to order your pass or determine a pick up time.
- Do I need to wear a face covering?
- Yes. On July 31, NDSU modified its guidelines on face coverings: "Students, faculty, staff and visitors must on a general basis when around others, wear face coverings over their mouth and nose, both indoors and outdoors, while on the NDSU campus. Indoors includes all common areas and public spaces (classrooms, residence halls, lounges, shared/public office spaces, etc.) when even in passing, 6ft physical distancing cannot be maintained. When outdoors, if 6ft distancing can be maintained, you are encouraged but not required to wear a face covering," NDSU President Dean Bresciani. To review this information in full, visit https://www.ndsu.edu/admission/risk_reduction_guidelines.
- How many people can I bring with me to move in?
- To reduce crowding, please bring no more than two others; and please leave pets at home.
- How do I learn where I am going to live?
- Once your assignment is made, you will receive an email. You can also look it up on your housing portal.
- What if I’m renting a loft?
- Contact CSI lofts to rent a loft and coordinate a pick up time.
- When will I get my student ID, if I don’t have it already?
- You will get your student ID from your RA upon check-in. Please make sure you upload your photo via GET so it is ready when you arrive.
- What if I have other questions?