One of the most common questions we get from incoming students is "what should I pack?!" The below list will get you on the right track. Also make sure to connect with your roommate to avoid bringing double of larger items.
Have questions? Feel free to contact Residence Life at 701.231.7557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Your Room Includes
Available to You:
- Light bulbs
- Kitchenette: Each hall has a kitchenette located in a common area; these include ovens and sinks. The Mathew Living Learning Centers and Niskanen Hall have kitchens in all units.
- Each residence hall has a trash room where students can find:
- cleaning supplies, garbage bags, recycling bins, and places to put their full garbage bags.
- Toilet paper in restrooms (except the MLLC)
- Coinless washers and dryers (money not needed)
Things You Can Bring:
- Computer (don't forget an ethernet cable for connecting to the internet for the quickest, most secure connection)
*We have many computer clusters on campus that are available 24 hours a day
- Small bookcase
- Refrigerator (5 cubic ft or less) Rent one from CSI!
- Microwave (1000 watts or less) Rent one from CSI!
- Favorite chair (Single seaters only. No love seats, futons, or couches.)
- Large area rug, throw rug or carpet (urethane or jute back- no taping, please)
- Small entertainment center
- TV set and cable cord
- Coffee maker with automatic shut off
Things You Should Bring:
- Covid-19 Precaution Items: Thermometer and face coverings. Face covering are optional on campus, but may be required by faculty during class or when visiting Student Health Services.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Card: If you have been vacinated, bring your vaccination card or take a picture of it.
- Clothes hangers
- Fan (Pavek, Niskanen, Burgum, Cater, Churchill, and the Mathew Living/Learning Centers have air conditioning. In the rest of the halls you will want to bring a fan.)
- Linens and pillow
- Towels or washcloths
- Reading light (not halogen)
- Surge protector - U.L. approved
- Adequate renter's insurance
- White poster putty or 3M removable mounting squares - no nails or tacks in the walls, please
- Laundry detergent
Things to Leave at Home:
- Candles, incense and candle warmers
- Couches, loveseats and futons(or other furniture that seats more than one person)
- Space heaters
- Halogen lamps (floor or desk)
- Purchased or home-built lofts
- Bed risers
- Alcohol and alcohol containers of any kind
- Exercise and weight lifting equipment
- Pets - except fish in a 10 gallon or less aquarium
- Hot plates, toasters, bread makers, or any appliance with an open heating element
- Wireless Routers
- Outlet splitters
- Paintball and Airsoft guns
- Portable air conditioner