- Engagement Behavior
- Authentic Experience
- Tourism Marketing
- Role of Technology in Event Management
- California Park & Recreation Society (CPRS) Recreation Therapy Section Award, CPRS, 2021
- Doctoral Dissertation Research Award, College of Human Ecology, Kansas State University, 2017
- Korea America Hospitality and Tourism Educators Association, Member
Hyeongjin Jeon has demonstrated his dedication to the event and tourism industry throughout his career. He spent several years working in wholesale travel agencies as a travel consultant and event organizer. He also did an internship in 2000 at the South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island in Florida.
- Choi, J., Park, J., Jeon, H., & Asperin, A.E. (2021). Seeing local food consumption through the lens of locavorism. Journal of Hospitality Marketing and Management.
- Choi, J., & Jeon, H. (2020). Are all Asian tourists the same? Chinese versus Japanese dining satisfaction. British Food Journal, 122(11), 3529-3545.
- Ok, C., Park, K., Park, S. & Jeon, H. (2020). Event participation and advocacy: Assessing the role of affective commitment and perceived benefits. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 37(1), 128-140.
- Jang, J., Choi, J., Jeon, H., & Kang, J. (2019). Understanding U.S. travelers' motives to choose Airbnb: A comparison of business and leisure travelers. International Journal of Tourism Sciences, 19(3), 192-209.
- Jeon, H., Ok, C., & Choi, J. (2018). Destination marketing organization website visitors’ flow experience: An application of Plog’s model of personality. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 35(4), 397-409.
- Jeon, H., Jang, J., & Barrett, E. B. (2017). Linking website interactivity and consumer behavioral intention in an online travel community: The mediation role of utilitarian value and online trust. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, 18(2), 125-148.
Assistant Professor, Hospitality and Event Management
Richard H. Barry Hall, 336
- ADHM 141 Tourism and International Travel Management
- ADHM 301 Foundation of Event Management
- ADHM 401 Convention and Meeting Planning
- ADHM 467 Hospitality Law
- Ph.D. Hospitality Management, Kansas State University, 2018
- M.S. Tourism Management, Jeju National University, 2011
- B.B.A. Tourism Management, Sejong University, 2002