- Food Tourism
- Destination Management
- Business Ethics
- Service Marketing
- Faculty Research Grant Award, College of Business, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS, 2016 & 2017
- Best Paper Award, Korea America Hospitality & Tourism Educators Association Conference, Las Vegas, NV, 2015
- Best Paper Award, Korean Scholars of Marketing Science, South Korea, 2012
- Best Paper Award, Amoje Marche Foodservice Paper Competition, South Korea, 2005
- International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education, Member
- Korea America Hospitality and Tourism Educators Association, Member
- Association of North America Higher Education International, Member
Juwon Choi has a strong commitment to the foodservice industry. She worked several years as a sales manager, a trainer, and a consultant for foodservice companies including Outback Steakhouse, Cinnabon, Espresso Korea, to name a few.
- Jeon, H., Ok, C., & Choi, J. (2018). Destination marketing organization website visitors’ flow experience: An application of Plog’s model of personality. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 35, 397-409.
- Lee, Y.-K., Nor, Y., Choi, J., Kim, S., Han, S., & Lee, J.-H. (2016). Why does franchisor social responsibility really matter? International Journal of Hospitality Management, 53, 49-58.
- Choi, J., Ok, C., & Choi, S. (2016). Outcomes of destination marketing organization website navigation: The role of telepresence. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 33, 46-62.
- Lee, Y.-K., Choi, J., Moon, B., & Babin, B. J. (2014). Codes of ethics, corporate philanthropy, and employee responses. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 39, 97-106.
- Lee, Y.-K., Lee, C.-K., Choi, J., Yoon, S.-M., & Hart, R. J. (2014). Tourism’s role in urban regeneration: Examining the impact of environmental cues on emotion, satisfaction, loyalty, and support for Seoul’s revitalized Cheonggyecheon stream district. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 22, 726-749.
- Lee, Y.-K., Jeong, Y.-K., & Choi, J. (2014). Service quality, relationship outcomes, and membership types in the hotel industry: A survey in Korea. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 19, 300-324.
- Choi, J., Lee, A., & Ok, C. (2013). The effects of consumers’ perceived risk and benefit on attitude and behavioral intention: A study of street food. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 30, 222- 237.
Associate Professor, Hospitality and Event Management
Richard H. Barry Hall, 340
- Ph.D. Hospitality Management, Kansas State University, 2016
- M.S. Culinary Arts and Foodservice Management, Sejong University, 2008
- B.B.A. Tourism Management, National Institute for Lifelong Education, 2004
- B.S. Mathematics, Kyung Hee University, 2000
- Assistant Professor, University of Southern Mississippi, 2015-2018
- Instructor, UFM Community Learning Center, 2014-2015
- Instructor, Sejong University, 2012-2013
- Instructor, Busan Women’s University, 2009
- Instructor, Busan Kyungsang College, 2009