According to Faculty Senate bylaws, the UCC has the following responsibilities:
- Develop criteria and procedures for submitting, evaluating, and approving courses, experiences, and program proposals for curriculum and course changes.
- Coordinate and recommend actions on proposals for curriculum and course changes that have been received from the colleges.
- Request the formation of an ad hoc Senate committee(s) to recommend policies for the evaluation of transfer credit, policies for graduation, and make other recommendations as needed.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the Senate.
The UCC has outlined duties for committee members and its charge to College Curriculum Committees.
- AFSNR: Deying Li
- AHSS: Verena Theile
- BUS: Michael Petersen
- ENG: Kelly Rusch
- GIS: Derek Lehmberg
- HP: Chengwen Sun
- HSE: Adam Marx, chair
- SM: Pinjing Zhao
Student government representatives:
- TBD, undergraduate student
- TBD, graduate student
Ex officio members (non-voting):
- Libraries: Beth Twomey
- Provost's Office: Jeff Boyer
- Registrar's Office: Philip Hunt, Nancy Kasper, RaNelle Ingalls