The curricular review process for changes to existing academic programs includes the following approvals after the proposal is first initiated in CourseLeaf's Program Management module:
- Department Chair or Head
- College Curriculum Committee
- College Dean
- Graduate Council (for graduate programs)
- University Curriculum Committee
- Faculty Senate
Certain program changes, listed below, require the approval of the Provost, NDUS Academic Affairs Council (AAC), and State Board of Higher Education (SBHE). These changes require an additional form to be completed and uploaded as a supporting document within the CourseLeaf proposal. Please upload the Word version (.docx) of the document to CourseLeaf.
- Open the CourseLeaf Program Management module. You will need to authenticate using your NDSU electronic ID.
- Use the search feature to locate the existing academic program, then click on the program within the table of search results.
- Click on the Edit Program button. An electronic form will open in a new window.
- Complete the proposal information in the electronic form using various drop-down fields, radio buttons, and text boxes.
- Be sure to provide a thorough justification for the proposed change(s).
- Upload the appropriate completed form as a supporting document for any program changes that require approval from the Provost, NDUS AAC, and SBHE (see above).
- Upload any additional documents (for example, a letter of support from another department) that will be helpful as supporting documents.
- Click on the Save Changes button if you plan to return and make additional changes.
- Click on the Start Workflow button if the proposal is ready to begin the curricular review process.
Proposal initiators may access the CourseLeaf Program Management module at any time to see the workflow progress and approval path for the proposed program changes by completing the first 2 steps listed above. Workflow and approvals will appear on the right side of the CourseLeaf interface.