(advanced practice nurse with a baccalaureate in nursing)
- Applicants must complete the graduate school admissions application by January 31 for fall admission. The graduate school application and directions are at http://www.ndsu.edu/gradschool/.
- Three professional references are required. Two of the required references are to be from professional colleagues that address clinical competence and ability to succeed in graduate study.
- Prospective students are asked to compose an essay that includes a narrative of professional experience and a statement of their professional goals.
- Current unencumbered license as a registered nurse
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency in computer skills and access to a computer with Internet capabilities
- Admission interviews with nursing faculty are scheduled in March for fall admission.
Applicant interviews for Fall 2020 will be held in March of 2020. The interview schedule will be confirmed after the January 31, 2020, application deadline.
After admission, the following must be completed
- Documentation of health status
- Criminal background checks
- Documentation of ACLS certification - prior to first clinical
- Degree plan completed in collaboration with faculty by the end of the second semester
- A cumulative grade of at least 3.0 must be maintained. No more than two grades of less than B may be earned in courses required for the degree.
Degree requirements must be completed within seven years after admission.