(advanced practice nurse with a baccalaureate in nursing)
- Applicants must complete the graduate school admissions application by January 31 for fall admission. The graduate school application and directions are at http://www.ndsu.edu/gradschool/.
- Three professional references are required. Two of the required references are to be from professional colleagues that address clinical competence and ability to succeed in graduate study.
- Prospective students are asked to compose an essay that includes a narrative of professional experience and a statement of their professional goals.
- Current unencumbered license as a registered nurse
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency in computer skills and access to a computer with Internet capabilities
- Admission interviews with nursing faculty are scheduled in March for fall admission.
Applicant interviews for fall 2020 will be held in March 6-7, 2020. The interview schedule will be confirmed after the January 31, 2020, application deadline.
After admission, the following must be completed
- Documentation of health status
- Criminal background checks
- Documentation of ACLS certification - prior to first clinical
- Degree plan completed in collaboration with faculty by the end of the second semester
- A cumulative grade of at least 3.0 must be maintained. No more than two grades of less than B may be earned in courses required for the degree.
Degree requirements must be completed within seven years after admission.