Required Nursing Courses
Coursework is online with clinical requirements in Fargo, ND, as outlined below.
- NURS 289 Transition: LPN-BSN
- NURS 360 Health Assessment
- NURS 372 Expanded Family Nursing I
- NURS 374 Expanded Family Nursing II
- NURS 405 Psychosocial Nursing
- NURS 406 Community and Public Health
- NURS 407 Complex Issues in Adult Health
- NURS 407L Expanded Clinical Practice for the LPN-BSN
- NURS 420 Evidence-Based Practice and Research in Nursing
- NURS 450 Synthesis/Practicum
- NURS 460 Leadership, Management, & Career Development
- CHP 400 Interprofessional Health Care Practice
(Courses need to be completed during the 2 years and prior to graduation)
- Chemistry 117 & 117L: Chemical Concepts and Applications & Lab (only offered fall semester)
- Biochemistry 260: Elements of Biochemistry (only offered Spring semester)
- Quantitative Reasoning
- English 325: Writing in Health Professions
- Humanities & Fine Arts Electives (6 credits total)
- Global Perspectives Elective
- Cultural Diversity Elective
- Electives as need to meet the following requirements: 122 total credits, 60 credits from a 4-year institution, 36 credits completed at NDSU, 36 credits 300-400 level courses.
Clinical Requirements (All clinical is in Fargo, ND)
- NURS 360 Health Assessment does have a lab component which may require student to travel to Fargo to complete.
- NURS 406 Public Health is completed the first summer. The course instructor works with student to connect with an agency to complete a project. There is one simulation day.
- NURS 407L Expanded Clinical Practice for the LPN-BSN, in the second summer, has the largest clinical component. Students are in a clinical group with an instructor in the areas of ICU and a medical/surgical unit. Students are provided with clinical dates at least 4 months in advance. Students also have experiences in labor and delivery, emergency department, operating room, pediatrics, and complete 2 days of simulation. Clinical will be two - four days a week for about 6 weeks. Students complete 135 hours of clinical.
- NURS 450 Synthesis and Practicum is a capstone course which has 120 hours of clinical.