Many sponsor proposal application forms require standard information about the university, including frequently used numbers (DUNS, Congressional District, Cage Code), contact information, and the authorized organizational representative. NDSU specific information is provided below.
If you have questions, please email Sponsored Programs Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official NDSU Address
- Authorized Organizational Representative
- Frequently Used Information
- Fringe Benefit Rates
- Facilities and Administration (F&A) / Indirect Costs
- NDSU Policies and Procedures
North Dakota State University
NDSU Dept. 4000
P.O. Box 6050
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
1735 NDSU Research Park Drive
Fargo, ND 58102
Assistant Director, Sponsored Programs Administration
- EIN # (Tax ID): 45-6002439
- DUNS Number: 803882299
- Congressional District: ND-001
- Cage Code: 40341
- NAICS Code: 611310
- SAMS Expiration Date: 9/23/2021
- FICE (Federal Interagency Committee on Education) Number: 009265
- Animal Welfare Assurance #: A3244-01
- Human Subjects Assurance: FWA00002439
- USDA Research Facility Registration #: 45-R-002
- NSF's Institutional Code # assigned to NDSU: 00 29975 000
- NDSU is not a 501(c)3 organization but is tax exempt. Please see Tax Exempt Status letter.
- North Dakota State University receives a biennial audit. To view this information, visit the State of North Dakota Office of the State Auditor website for the Audit Report and click on State of North Dakota Single Audit - For the most current Two Year Period ending on June 30th.
- Cognizant Federal Agency: DHHS, Arif Karim (415) 437-7820
- Number of NDSU employees
Fringe benefits information is available on the Budget Development and Budget Justification page under Personnel Category and Fringe Benefits.
Research (effective 7/1/2014–6/30/2022)*
45.0% of MTDC
26.0% of MTDC
Instruction (effective 7/1/2014–6/30/2022)*
50.5% of MTDC
26.0% of MTDC
Other Sponsored Activity (effective 7/1/2014–6/30/2022)*
43.2% of MTDC
26.0% of MTDC
* Effective dates are for projects starting within the date range specified.
The NDSU Policy Manual governs NDSU, including the NDSU Agricultural Experiment Station, the NDSU Extension Service, and the North Dakota Forest Service. NDSU policies are established by 1) federal and state laws and regulations, 2) the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education, 3) the NDSU Faculty Senate, and 4) the Office of the President. Also included are some operating procedures established by the respective areas to facilitate delivery of a service to the campus community.
Policies and procedures specifically related to funded research and creative activities can be found in Section 8 of the Policy Manual, under Grant and Contract Accounting. However, other pertinent policies can be found elsewhere in the Policy Manual, including Contract Review (Section 712), Employee Responsibility and Activities-Intellectual Property (Section 190), and External Activities and Conflict of Interest (Section 151.1).
Employment at NDSU indicates an agreement to abide by NDSU policies and procedures. In addition, all NDSU employees are required to certify annually their compliance with NDSU policies.
Visit the NDSU Policy Manual website to see the policy manual in its entirety.
Highlights of policies and procedures most specific to sponsored funding and research and creative activities can be found below:
- SECTION 111: Positions Funded by Federal and Grant Money
- SECTION 151: Code of Conduct
- SECTION 151.1: External Activities and Conflicts of Interest
- SECTION 152: External Professional Activities
- SECTION 159: Injury Claims Against NDSU and State Risk Financing
- SECTION 190: Employee Responsibility and Activities: Intellectual Property
- SECTION 310: Base Salary
- SECTION 326: Academic Misconduct
- SECTION 343: Confidential Proprietary Information
- SECTION 344: Classified Research
- SECTION 345: Research Involving Human Participants
- SECTION 346: Animal Welfare
- SECTION 347: Institutional Biosafety Commitee
- SECTION 348: Instruction in the Responsible Conduct of Research
- SECTION 400: Purchasing—General Policies
- SECTION 712: Contracts and Agreements
- SECTION 717: Research Units—Establishing/Evaluating
- SECTION 722: Export Control
- SECTION 823: Financial Conflict of Interest - Public Health Service Sponsored Research
- CHAPTER EIGHT: Grant and Contract Accounting