The Novelution Research Management System provides a centralized system with integrated software modules that support many research administration aspects. This includes tools for both administrative and research staff; support for processes from grant & contract proposal development from pre-award to post-award management; integrated IRB, IACUC, & IBC protocol applications and management; COI management; Effort Reporting; and varied compliance tracking for staff, facilities, and resource management.
|Novelution IBC Module launches May 27th!|
Submit new IBC protocols in the Novelution Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) module.
Contact the IBC Office with any questions.
|Novelution Modules available now: IBC, IACUC, IRB, Grants and Contracts|
|Modules pending development: COI and Effort Reporting|
Faculty and staff can access available modules in the Novelution System on any device and using any web browser via https://erac.ndsu.edu/ which will access the InCommon Login Service. Enter your NDSU username and passphrase to login. Authentication with Duo is required to gain access to Novelution.
After Authentication, you are ready to begin. Novelution is designed to be intuitive and with the user experience in mind. If you have questions, please refer to the information below or contact us.
- When you see a question mark icon in any of the modules, hover over it to view additional information.
- A red asterisk next to a field in any of the modules indicates it is a required field and information must be entered.
NDSU contact information for Novelution assistance:
When requesting assistance by email or phone, please identify the module you're working in (e.g. Sponsored Research, IRB, IACUC, IBC, COI) where help is needed.
- Phone: (701) 231-8045
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Research 1 Building – 1735 Research Park Dr., Fargo
These charts are available in the Grants and Contracts Module of Novelution. Users are able to search all active
NDSU grant and contract awards and view high level budget and expenditure data at the overall award level as well as
sub‐project level. Expenditure Charts are user friendly and are a great tool for faculty and staff to quickly see budget and
spending levels on Grants and Contracts.
IRB Tip Sheets
- Creating an IRB Protocol
- Adding and External researchers or students who are not in Novelution to your protocol
- Applying for IRB pre-approval of a funded project
- Starting a reliance agreement - (NDSU will rely on another IRB's approval of a protocol)
- Amending an approved IRB protocol
IACUC Tip Sheets
IBC Tip Sheets
Tips for Compliance Modules:
- Outside Members/Researchers - NDSU has agreements with several other outside entities to provide compliance reviews (IBC, IRB, or IACUC). If you are a member of one of these institutions (e.g. USDA, Mayville State University) and need access to Novelution to submit a protocol, please contact the committee administrator. Once given a User Name, follow the below instructions for activating your account and establishing a password.
- CITI Training Records - Novelution automatically integrates with the CITI program to verify completion of human subjects training. To ensure accurate reporting of your completed training, ensure that the email address in your Novelution Profile, and the email address in your CITI profile match. Your Novelution profile is set by the University System and can be found by clicking on 'Profile & Settings' > Edit User Profile. For most faculty, staff and students, this email will by email@example.com; however, if you have another affiliation within the NDUS system (e.g. you are a student at another institution), the domain may be the institution at which you are a student.
- Check the status of your protocol application - The Requirements panel within the Protocol application shows which steps are ready to complete to facilitate the review process. Check to see if training is completed, the department head has approved, or if the protocol is now in the review process.