RCA Research Development Travel Awards
Research Development Travel Awards are intended to help cover expenses for the following:
- Travel to a national-level conference to present research or creative work;
- Travel to conduct research requiring access to an archive or special collection.
Applications will be processed in the order received, and awards will be made until all funds are allocated.
Travel must be completed by July 31, 2019.
- The pool of funding is limited; please consider allowing individuals who do not have other sources of travel funding (i.e. grant) to apply for this opportunity.
- This opportunity is primarily for domestic travel.
However, international travel requests may be accommodated if required for discipline-specific research. International travel must be clearly justified in the application
- If applying for funds to present at a conference, confirmation of acceptance to present at the conference must be provided with the application.
Research Support Services
Funds of up to $1,000 may be requested to help defray the costs of support services required for research, creative, or scholarly activity. For example, funds may be used in one of the NDSU Core Facilities, another recharge/service center, or for transcription services.
Eligibility: NDSU tenured and tenure-track faculty are eligible to apply. Visiting faculty are not eligible to apply.
Applications should include the following:
- Your name, title, and contact information
- A brief description (1 page) of the request, including the research or scholarly activity being undertaken and whether the work is being performed for a funded project.
- A budget and justification (1 page). Budget items must be reasonable and well justified. The resources needed to complete the project should be described. Unallowable costs include computers, faculty salary, conference travel, office supplies, and facilities and administrative costs (indirect costs).
Applications should be submitted as a PDF file to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
All funds must be spent by July 31, 2019.