The Department of Plant Sciences hosts several nationally recognized student organizations open to all interested students at NDSU. Students are encouraged to be involved with student groups to achieve more success outside of the classroom and build a better network. Here are some ways that involvement in a student organization can help students break away from schoolwork and reach their goals.
- Build friendships and professional relationships that will continue after graduation
- Network with community leaders and students with similar interests
- Develop leadership skills and learn to work as a team
- Create opportunities to serve the community
- Build a well-rounded resume