What we do and why we do it.
We prepare innovative problem solvers and create new knowledge to improve lives in North Dakota and beyond.
Where we are going and who we are becoming.
We will be the engineering college of choice for students, faculty and employers seeking to enhance society through leadership and innovation.
We Chase Excellence
We are in the constant pursuit of adding tremendous value to our students and society
Innovation Is Our Status Quo
We create new knowledge that makes our world better.
We Are Collegial
We cultivate collaboration and build a culture of trust and mutual respect.
We Are Inclusive
We are proactive about diversity, knowing that we are far better together.
The areas of focus that drive program excellence
PARTNERSHIPS: Build enduring relationships with internal and external stakeholders who are active participants (both beneficiaries and benefactors) with us in our mission.
PRIORITIZING STUDENTS: Recruit and retain motivated, hardworking students and provide a world-class experience by continuously improving programs and student learning.
PREEMINENT RESEARCH: Grow impressive, high-quality scholarship that creates value for industry and society.
PEOPLE DRIVEN: Invest in our people and build teams to drive transformative research, teaching and student experience.
PREPARING LEADERS: Teach students to be creative problem solvers who have the skills to motivate and inspire.
PHILANTHROPY: Attract and effectively use resources with transparency and accountability to advance the public good.
Cultivate a culture of collaborative excellence.
- Grow percentage of faculty and staff who rate climate as good or extremely good
- Increase recognition of faculty and staff
- Improve transparency and communication
Integrate industry with research and education.
- Grow research partnerships with industry by 50%
- Create an industry-faculty fellowship program
- Increase the number of industry experiences for students
Build leadership and innovation skills of students.
- Establish a co-curricular leadership development program
- Establish a core set of design and innovation experiences
- Improve graduates’ leadership and innovation ratings among employers
Increase philanthropy through engagement with donors, alumni and other stakeholders.
- Double annual spendable amount for faculty recruitment, retention and research
- Grow annual spendable amount for student recruitment, retention and support by 50%
- Build broad support for a new College of Engineering facility