Hemp production, weed control and pulse crop production are among topics to be covered during the field day at NDSU's North Central Research Extension Center near Minot, North Dakota. The event is scheduled for Wednesday, July 17.
The Northern Pulse Growers Association, Northern Canola Growers Association, North Dakota Wheat Commission and Farm Credit Services are sponsoring the event.
A pest clinic is set to begin at 8:30 a.m. Weed, insect and plant disease samples will be available for viewing.
The tour begins at 9 a.m. with a welcome and coffee and rolls, and will conclude with a noon meal. The center also is host to a wheat preharvest marketing seminar, sponsored by the North Dakota Wheat Commission. The seminar begins at 1 p.m.
Field day topics are:
• Hemp production strategies
• Weed control research
• Clubroot management and identification in canola
• Omega-3 canola
• Pulse production, NDSU pulse breeding program and potential pea release
• Managing saline soils with beet lime
Topics for the wheat pre-harvest marketing seminar are:
• Marketing strategies for harvest and beyond, and the big issues impacting markets
• Demand outlook for hard red spring and durum wheat
• Challenges and opportunities for North Dakota wheat producers in 2019
Attending the field day and wheat preharvest marketing seminar is free of charge.
As a student-focused, land-grant, research university, we serve our citizens.