These funding programs are available for NDSU researchers only:
- RCA Funding Opportunities
- Graduate School Fellowships and Awards Listing
- ND EPSCoR Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- NDSU Foundation and Alumni Association Grants
- NDSU Impact Fund
Various funding opportunities are available from a number of Federal agencies. For more information and resources, see the Federal Funding page.
These agencies have funded projects in North Dakota and Minnesota:
- Commodity Organizations - National, Regional, and State-level
- North Dakota and Minnesota Grant Agencies
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota - Caring Foundation
-NDSU is not eligible for all programs, please check eligibility
The Foundation Center offers a number of free resources to assist you in finding information about U.S. private foundations.
(NOTE: The Foundation Center and Guidestar are combining forces to become Candid, a new nonprofit organization.)
- 990 Finder
- Listing of Currently Active RFPs (Requests for Proposals)
- Foundation Stats - data and statistics regarding foundations
- FDO Quick Start (requires you to register, though registration is free) - allows you to search for information about specific foundations by Foundation/Organization name and by location
- Subscribe to Newsletters such as RFP Bulletin, a weekly roundup of recently announced RFPs from private, corporate, and government funding sources.
Also see: UCLA List of Private Foundations
This page contains information about and opportunities from funding agencies in the arts, humanities, and social sciences. Funding opportunities will be updated quarterly.
While not comprehensive, this list provides examples of some grant programs that target early career faculty and new investigators:
- NSF CAREER Program
- NIH Early Stage Investigators (ESI)
- ONR (Navy) Young Investigator Program (YIP)
- AFOSR (Air Force) Young Investigator Program (YIP)
- DARPA Young Faculty Award
- Beckman Young Investigator Program for Chemistry and the Life Sciences
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Petroleum Research Fund (PRF)
- NARSAD, the Mental Health Research Association Young Investigator Awards
- American Heart Association
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Support for Biomedical Scientists
- AFAR Research Grants in the field of Aging Research
- William T. Grant Foundation Scholar Awards
If you are new to grant writing, also check out the Proposal Development Resources webpage.