Each year, the College of Engineering (CoE) recognizes teaching quality and contribution of graduate students by awarding the CoE Teaching Assistant of the Year. The CoE Academic Affairs Committee in conjunction with the Office of the Dean is soliciting nominations for this award. The deadline for receipt of nominations and supporting materials is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 16, 2021.
To be eligible for this award, the graduate student:
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Must be currently enrolled in an NDSU CoE graduate program.
- Must not have won this award previously.
Nominations and the Required Supporting Materials:
The nominations for this award must be submitted as PDF files by the CoE Departments to Alissa Kuntz at email@example.com, who will forward the materials to the CoE Academic Affairs Committee. Each Department Chair can submit the nomination for one individual for this award.
The nomination packet must include:
- A letter from the Department Chair or a faculty member describing the nominee’s teaching commitment and contributions to one or more courses or labs.
- A statement, written by the nominee, on the nominee’s teaching responsibilities with any suitable supporting evaluation data.
- If possible, a letter of reference from student governing bodies or student groups in support of the nominee’s teaching accomplishments.
- A one page statement written by the nominee describing his/her teaching innovation and philosophy.
The CoE Academic Affairs Committee will use the recommendations and supporting documents to rank the nominees based on:
- The quality of teaching and instruction.
- The commitment to teaching responsibilities and to foster student learning.
The Office of the Dean will announce the winner of this award.