NDSU will be changing to a mask-optional policy, effective June 6, provided, however, the following rules will continue to be in effect:
- Every person should be comfortable continuing to wear a mask in their personal discretion and should not face any pressure to discontinue mask usage.
- Faculty may require masks to be worn in their classes at their discretion.
- Health care operations on campus, including Student Health Service, will continue to be able to mandate masks in accordance with regular health care protocols.
General Risk Reduction Guidelines
To help maintain a healthy campus NDSU is asking all students and employees to do their part by following CDC risk reduction practices below:
- Stay home if you have a cough or fever.
- Students should check their temperature each day before coming to campus and stay home if they have a fever. Normal temperature should be less than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Practice social distancing.
- Stay at least six feet apart.
- Avoid more than 10 minutes together in a confined space without a face covering.
- Wear a face covering if you cannot maintain a six-foot distance from others for more than 10 minutes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Limit unnecessary contact, including hugs and handshakes.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects (phones remotes, keys, computers, etc.)
- If you think you have been exposed to Covid-19 and are experiencing symptoms
- Students: Call Student Health Service at 701-231-7331 or call your primary care provider.
- Faculty and Staff: Contact your primary care provider.