Plan your future career – NDSU School of Pharmacy
Welcome to the School of Pharmacy within the NDSU College of Health Professions. We offer pathways of opportunity in pharmacy for students who want to pursue careers that can lead to an array of options for success.
Pharmacists are often the most accessible health care provider to patients. They work with patients and other health care providers to promote health and prevent diseases. Pharmacists assess, monitor, initiate and modify patients’ medication therapy to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes.
Programs help you chart your future career
The professional pharmacy program is provided through a combined effort between the Department of Pharmacy Practice and the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at NDSU.
Pharmacy Practice focuses on the clinical application of pharmacy and patient-focused care. Pharmaceutical Sciences focuses on providing students with a basic science foundation for their learning and offers graduate education in pharmaceutical sciences. Both MS and Ph.D. degree programs are offered. The School of Pharmacy also has the option of dual-degree programs such as Pharm.D./Ph.D., Pharm.D./MPH and Pharm.D./MBA.
Why choose NDSU School of Pharmacy?
- Outstanding faculty members deliver excellent education and training opportunities for student development
- Participate in interdisciplinary research and interprofessional practice experiences
- Gain hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art concept pharmacy located on campus
- Work with the latest advances in practice and technology including telepharmacy
- Obtain the knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership expertise to be successful
Apply skills and engage with other pharmacy professionals
- Learn from knowledgeable preceptors in a variety of pharmacy settings during rotations
- Engage with other students and professionals in the field through student organizations
- Secure quality residency opportunities at affiliated sites in North Dakota and Minnesota
- Pursue advanced pharmacy training in your areas of interest
- Acquire the NDSU brand of excellence that employers value
The NDSU School of Pharmacy supports, educates and trains undergraduate, professional and graduate students to become highly skilled and caring health care professionals and creates new knowledge through excellence in the practice of pharmacy and pharmaceutical research.
The college is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Schedule a campus visit today. https://www.ndsu.edu/visit/
School of pharmacy NEWS
NDSU pharmacy faculty member named Emerging Teaching Scholar
July 16, 2018 – Fargo, North Dakota – Jeanne Frenzel, PhD and associate professor in pharmacy practice at NDSU, is one of just five Emerging Teaching Scholars in the U.S. selected by the American...
NDSU student receives international undergraduate research fellowship
Pick an “e” word. Energized, educated, enthusiastic, eloquent. These all describe how engaged NDSU undergraduate student Christy Anderson becomes when doing her research in the pharmaceutical...
NDSU researcher publishes study on developing an insulin pill
One mother vividly remembers her then three-and-a-half-year-old son's pleas when he received insulin injections several times each day. “He would beg and plead, ‘Don’t do it Momma!’” Linsey Davis...
Pharmacy faculty receive teaching and research awards
In a profession that demands life-long learning, North Dakota State University pharmacy faculty members are being recognized on local and national levels for their commitment to students and research....
Dementia continuing education available for pharmacists
Fargo, North Dakota – Free continuing education opportunities in Fargo and in Bismarck will be held for North Dakota pharmacists in June and August to learn more about dementia care. Offered by the...