Help us rise to the challenge!
Thank you for your generosity on NDSU Giving Day! More than $70K raised to enhance Health Professions education, including more than $42K for the Aldevron Tower Fund.
A generous donor has made a $1 million challenge to NDSU alumni and friends to help complete the Aldevron Tower building campaign for the College of Health Professions. Donations made by December 31, 2019 will be counted in meeting the challenge. Or consider making a pledge spread over five years.
Your support of students in Health Professions makes a difference every day. If you would like to help us rise to the million-dollar-challenge by the end of the year, please visit https://bit.ly/36DN0rp
Plan your future career – NDSU School of Pharmacy
Welcome to the School of Pharmacy within the NDSU College of Health Professions. We offer pathways of opportunity in pharmacy for students who want to pursue careers that can lead to an array of options for success.
Pharmacists are often the most accessible health care provider to patients. They work with patients and other health care providers to promote health and prevent diseases. Pharmacists assess, monitor, initiate and modify patients’ medication therapy to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes.
Programs help you chart your future career
The professional pharmacy program is provided through a combined effort between the Department of Pharmacy Practice and the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at NDSU.
Pharmacy Practice focuses on the clinical application of pharmacy and patient-focused care. Pharmaceutical Sciences focuses on providing students with a basic science foundation for their learning and offers graduate education in pharmaceutical sciences. Both MS and Ph.D. degree programs are offered. The School of Pharmacy also has the option of dual-degree programs such as Pharm.D./Ph.D., Pharm.D./MPH and Pharm.D./MBA.
Why choose NDSU School of Pharmacy?
- Outstanding faculty members deliver excellent education and training opportunities for student development
- Participate in interdisciplinary research and interprofessional practice experiences
- Gain hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art concept pharmacy located on campus
- Work with the latest advances in practice and technology including telepharmacy
- Obtain the knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership expertise to be successful
Apply skills and engage with other pharmacy professionals
- Learn from knowledgeable preceptors in a variety of pharmacy settings during rotations
- Engage with other students and professionals in the field through student organizations
- Secure quality residency opportunities at affiliated sites in North Dakota and Minnesota
- Pursue advanced pharmacy training in your areas of interest
- Acquire the NDSU brand of excellence that employers value
The NDSU School of Pharmacy supports, educates and trains undergraduate, professional and graduate students to become highly skilled and caring health care professionals and creates new knowledge through excellence in the practice of pharmacy and pharmaceutical research.
The college is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Schedule a campus visit today. https://www.ndsu.edu/visit/
School of pharmacy NEWS
Help us rise to the challenge on Giving Day on December 3!
Millon-dollar-challenge underway for NDSU's Aldevron Tower
Amundson named as NDSU Distinguished Alumnus
U.S. Surgeon General visits North Dakota pharmacists
U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams visited North Dakota in October as a keynote speaker during Governor Doug Burgum’s Main Street Initiative event. In addition, the U.S. Surgeon General asked...
Prescription drug take back programs show success
October 25, 2019 – Fargo, North Dakota – Pharmacy students at the NDSU School of Pharmacy learn about patient care during their education and also how local pharmacists play a role in making...