Plan your future career – NDSU School of Pharmacy
Welcome to the School of Pharmacy within the NDSU College of Health Professions. We offer pathways of opportunity in pharmacy for students who want to pursue careers that can lead to an array of options for success.
Pharmacists are often the most accessible health care provider to patients. They work with patients and other health care providers to promote health and prevent diseases. Pharmacists assess, monitor, initiate and modify patients’ medication therapy to achieve optimal therapeutic outcomes.
Programs help you chart your future career
The professional pharmacy program is provided through a combined effort between the Department of Pharmacy Practice and the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at NDSU.
Pharmacy Practice focuses on the clinical application of pharmacy and patient-focused care. Pharmaceutical Sciences focuses on providing students with a basic science foundation for their learning and offers graduate education in pharmaceutical sciences. Both MS and Ph.D. degree programs are offered. The School of Pharmacy also has the option of dual-degree programs such as Pharm.D./Ph.D., Pharm.D./MPH and Pharm.D./MBA.
Why choose NDSU School of Pharmacy?
- Outstanding faculty members deliver excellent education and training opportunities for student development
- Participate in interdisciplinary research and interprofessional practice experiences
- Gain hands-on experience in our state-of-the-art concept pharmacy located on campus
- Work with the latest advances in practice and technology including telepharmacy
- Obtain the knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership expertise to be successful
Apply skills and engage with other pharmacy professionals
- Learn from knowledgeable preceptors in a variety of pharmacy settings during rotations
- Engage with other students and professionals in the field through student organizations
- Secure quality residency opportunities at affiliated sites in North Dakota and Minnesota
- Pursue advanced pharmacy training in your areas of interest
- Acquire the NDSU brand of excellence that employers value
The NDSU School of Pharmacy supports, educates and trains undergraduate, professional and graduate students to become highly skilled and caring health care professionals and creates new knowledge through excellence in the practice of pharmacy and pharmaceutical research.
The college is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, and is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Schedule a campus visit today. https://www.ndsu.edu/visit/
School of pharmacy NEWS
Inspiring teacher: Mark Strand, professor of pharmacy practice
Mark Strand challenges his students in the classroom with case studies and practice exercises. The process deeply engages students, and they work hard to complete the assignments with the skills...
School of Pharmacy offers free stroke education program in December
Do you know your numbers? High blood pressure and other factors play a role in whether you’re at higher risk for stroke. People may have high blood pressure and not know it.
Learn your numbers and...
Pharmacy Practice faculty help create Snap the Stigma
NDSU provides a supportive community that cares about student success in and out of the classroom. Students, faculty and staff often work together to create a positive learning environment and...
Pharmaceutical sciences student works on cancer research
NDSU graduate students can work on world-class research projects with some of the top scientists in their field. These opportunities help students challenge themselves as researchers, find their...
NDSU pharm sci research symposium set for October 25
October 23, 2018 – Fargo, North Dakota – Patients with chronic diseases such as asthma or diabetes, as well as those who receive a cancer diagnosis, benefit from treatment based on research.