The NDSU IBC requires all personnel using Recombinant or synthetic nucleic acids, Infectious Agents, or Human Blood, Bodily Fluids, or Tissues for research, teaching or testing to complete Biosafety/Biosecurity Training. Documentation of training is verified when a protocol or annual update form is submitted for review.
The training requirement is satisfied by completing applicable online modules in the Biosafety/Biosecurity section of the CITI Program (see instructions below):
- Basic Biosafety Training course >>> Required for all projects.
- NIH recombinant DNA Guidelines course >>> Also required when the project will involve recombinant or synthetic nucleic acids.
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens course >>> Also required when the project will involve human blood, bodily fluids, tissues, cells or cell lines.
- The Biosafety/Biosecurity section also contains several optional courses that are not required for IBC approval.
The NDSU IBC requires all IBC researchers to maintain current knowledge of Biosafety/Biosecurity practices. Every three years, personnel are required to complete a refresher course. The CITI Program will automatically send you reminders when your training is due.
If you have questions about your last training date, you may log into the CITI program or contact the IBC office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need technical support? Contact CITI toll-free at 888.529.5929 or email@example.com.
- From the CITI homepage, Click on "REGISTER."
- Select Your Organization Affiliation as 'North Dakota State University.' NOTE: Do not select the 'North Dakota State University (SSO) option if you do not have an ndsu.edu email address.
- Click that "I affirm that I am an affiliate of North Dakota State University."
- Select "Continue to Create Your CITI Program Username/Password."