NDSU honors its Agriculture and Extension faculty and staff for their work.
North Dakota State University faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in a virtual awards ceremony on Dec. 9.
Greg Lardy, vice president for Agricultural Affairs, David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources, Frank Casey, associate director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station, and Lynette Flage, associate director of NDSU Extension presented the awards during the 31st annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Fifty people were nominated this year.
The 2021 award recipients were:
- Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Guiping Yan, associate professor, Department of Plant Pathology
- Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - Marisol Berti, professor, Department of Plant Sciences
- Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Anuradha Vegi, assistant professor or practice, Department of Plant Sciences
- H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - Birgit Pruess, professor, Department of Microbiological Sciences
- William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award - Jack Norland, associate professor, School of Natural Resource Sciences (NRM)
- Excellence in Extension Early Career Award - Julianne Racine, Extension agent, LaMoure County
- AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Dean Aakre, 4-H Youth Development Specialist, NDSU Extension Center for 4-H Youth Development
- Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Collin Auwarter, research specialist, Department of Plant Sciences
- Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Jerie Little, administrative secretary, Department of Microbiological Sciences
- Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - Diane Ness, Customer Service Manager, Agriculture Communication