NDSU honors its Agriculture and Extension faculty and staff for their work
North Dakota State University faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in an awards ceremony on Dec. 7.
Greg Lardy, vice president for Agricultural Affairs; Carrie Hammer, interim associate dean for academic programs in the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources; Frank Casey, associate director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station; and Lynette Flage, associate director of NDSU Extension presented the awards during the 33rd annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. The addition of the `Celebrate, Integrate and Embrace the Power of Diversity Award' brought the total number of awards to 11. Forty-five nominations were received this year.
The awards also included the inaugural offering of the Ag Affairs Core Value Awards. The 11 winners of the awards received the Core Value Award on December 7. These awards are designed to allow peer to peer recognition of accomplishments across the three mission areas of teaching, research, and Extension. Each month the awardee will give the award to another individual to recognized the efforts that reflect our core values (Community Driven, Student Focused, Stakeholder Driven, Integrity, Impact, Innovation).
The 2023 award recipients were:
- Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award - Jiajia Rao, associate professor, Department of Plant Sciences
- Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award - Luis del Rio Mendoza, professor, Department of Plant Pathology
- Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award - Blaine Novak, lecturer, Department of Animal Sciences
- H. Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award - Zhulu Lin, associate professor, Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award - Lisa Christenson, associate professor of practice, Department of Animal Sciences
- Excellence in Extension Early Career Award - Joseph Ikley, assistant professor, Extension weed specialist, Department of Plant Sciences
- AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award - Susan Milender, Extension agent, family and community wellness, Barnes County
- Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award - Jennifer Carney, director of student services / academic advisor, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics / Academic Advising Center
- Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award - Julie Bietz, student services coordinator and information processing specialist, Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award - Timothy Schroeder, ag research technician, Carrington Research Extension Center
- Celebrate, Integrate and Embrace the Power of Diversity Award - Sue Isbell, Extension agent, 4-H youth development, Sioux County