Health Promotion Mission:
The mission of NDSU Health Promotion is to engage with the broader campus community to inform, educate and empower students to make healthy decisions that enhance their success and well-being.
Health Promotion Vision:
We envision NDSU as a health-promoting campus characterized by a culture that improves and sustains the well-being of its students and community.
Health Promotion Values:
- Education: We understand the reciprocal relationship between learning and health.
- Collaboration: We engage with other NDSU services and resources to foster and promote a cohesive and transparent campus climate that supports health and well-being.
- Community: We understand that health goes beyond the individual to include the cultural, institutional, socioeconomic and political influences that comprise community.
- Future: We understand the importance of health over the long-term in building the capacity of individuals and communities to reach their potential.
- Prevention: We strive to avoid and reduce preventable health risks and illness.
- Support: We serve as a resource and network to foster healthy choices, lifestyles and environments.
- Holistic well-being: We understand that health has multiple dimensions, and we promote holistic health and wellness.