Prescriptions & Over-the-Counter Medications
Student Health Service includes a pharmacy for NDSU enrolled students to utilize. Some key things to note include:
- Students can utilize the pharmacy without being seen in the clinic
- Students are not required to use the SHS pharmacy and can have prescriptions sent to any pharmacy of their choice
- Prescriptions can be transferred
- Prescriptions can be filled in person or by mail
- Over-the-counter medications are available
- Ability to process claims with most insurance carriers
NOTE: NDUS United Healthcare Student Resources insurance can be processed at the SHS Pharmacy
- Prescription disposal container available
- Staffed by licensed pharmacists
Prescription Refill Requests
Students should contact their pharmacy to request a refill of their medication(s). If a refill request is needed at the Student Health Service pharmacy, students may call or complete an online refill request through the Student Health Portal.
How do I pay for my medications and prescriptions?
As stated above, the Pharmacy can bill claims with most insurance carriers. The remaining balance for any medications and/or prescriptions can be paid by:
- Credit Card
- Charged to the student account
Pharmacy hours of operation are available on our Location & Hours page.