In this discussion panelists talk about what artificial intelligence (AI) is and how it is currently being used in the classroom. You will learn opportunities and ways to begin effectively using AI in your classroom. You may have heard about AI technologies like ChatGPT, which have value in certain arenas, but can present challenges in other arenas. New technology often brings challenges and this panel will address some of the challenges they have seen or anticipate seeing with the growth in use of AI technologies. Panelists will provide information on additional technology tools that facilitate alternative assessments that are AI resistant. Also come learn what NDSU's current AI policies and best practices are.
- Dr. Anne Denton, professor in the Department of Computer Science
- Dr. Jen Li, professor in the Department of Computer Science
- Dr. Jake Glower, professor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Dr. Ali Amiri, assistant professor of practice in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Dr. Ivan Lima, associate professor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Dr. Ademola Amida, instructional designer in the Learning & Applied Innovation Center
- Dr. Holly Hassel, professor in the Department of English
The panel was moderated by Dr. Stacy Duffield, OTL director.