You can eat at any dining center that best fits your needs. One way to choose is by location; which one are you closest to at meal times? You also can select based on the menu; each dining center serves something different. The NDSU Dining app will provide you the menu options, hours, and nutrition information.
- To access the dining center, look for the "dine-in" sign at the cashier desk where you will scan your finger*, tap your NDSU ID card after showing it to the cashier, or scan-in with the GET mobile app. *Beginning Fall 2023, Dining will implement finger scanning for quick-and-easy dining center access! You can enroll your finger during summer orientation or at the dining centers the first weekend back to school!
- Browse around and make your selections. We are a tray-free facility, so simply grab a plate/dish at the station you select. Utensils are available in multiple places throughout the dining centers. Cups are near the beverages, and napkins are on each table.
- Sit wherever you want.
- Bring your dishes/cups/utensils to the dish return area.
All three dining centers on campus offer meals to go! Students with an unlimited plan have the option to take 3 to-go meals per day (one per meal period*). Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get your delicious dining food to go!
- At the cashier desk, look for the "takeout" sign where you will scan your finger*, tap your NDSU ID card after showing it to the cashier, or scan-in with the GET mobile app. *Beginning Fall 2023, Dining will implement finger scanning for quick-and-easy dining center access! You can enroll your finger during summer orientation or at the dining centers the first weekend back to school!
- You'll receive one container and one to-go beverage cup. To-go bowls are available upon request.
- Visit your food station(s) of choice.
- If you are at West and want food from Clean Eats, visit this location first to help us avoid allergen cross-contact.
- At stations where staff is serving food, slide the container under the glass and ask for your specific order.
- All food taken to go must fit inside your containers.
- Customers taking pizza are limited to two slices.
- To-go containers are designed to provide customers with one meal. Large quantities of food that exceed a typical serving are not allowed. If a guest is found taking an excessive amount of food out of the dining center, the violation will result in disciplinary action that could include the removal of to-go meal privileges.
To-Go Meal Periods:
Breakfast – 5:59am-10:29am
Lunch – 10:30am-3:29pm
Dinner – 3:30pm-7:59pm
Late Night – 8:00pm-11:59pm
Food safety tip! Any food that is not consumed immediately should be stored in a refrigerator at 40 degrees F or lower, and thrown out after three days or less. Perishable foods left at room temperature should be thrown out after 2 hours.
Bison Beanery - Ordering Process
Located within the Residence Dining Center, Bison Beanery is a full-service coffee shop that offers all your coffee favorites at no extra charge.
- Tap screen to begin your order
- Type in your name
- Select your drink
- Push complete order
- Your name will be called when your drink is ready.
- If you are taking your order to-go, transfer your drink to the to-go container and then bring the mug to the dish return.