We work hard to ensure the dining centers are safe, clean and provide delicious food for the NDSU community. This year we have altered our practices in accordance with CDC guidelines and university policies.
Your step-by-step guide to NDSU Dining Centers
1. Decide: You can eat at any dining center that best fits your needs. One way to choose is by location; which one are you closest to at meal times? You also can select based on the menu; each dining center serves something different. Check the NDSU Dining app and select a location based on your meal preference.
2. Mask up: Students are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering when you are not at a table, this includes: in line at the entrance, while getting/selecting food and drinks, and bringing dishes to the dish return.
3. Show, Tap, Sanitize: Show your NDSU ID to the cashier, tap your ID using the touchless card reader, sanitize your hands at the touchless hand sanitizer stations at the entrance. Each dining center also has hand washing stations.
4. Select your Food: Browse around and make your selections. NDSU Dining team members will serve you from each station. Watch for directional signage that will point you in the right direction. When waiting in line, practice social distancing by standing 6 feet apart. Silverware will be provided at each station.
5. Select your Drink: Beverage stations are self service and are cleaned regularly. Please use clean cups when getting beverages, and do not refill personal water bottles.
6. Dine: Sit wherever you want. NDSU Dining team members are cleaning more frequently, but you are welcome to sanitize your eating area prior to sitting down using the disinfectant wipes available at the self-sanitation stations.
7. Dash: Reapply your face covering and bring your dishes/cups/utensils to the dish return area. Make sure to watch for directional signage that will guide you in and out!
WDC Takeout Process
NEW this year, the West Dining Center will offer meals to go! Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get your delicious dining food to go!
- Tell the Dining team member at the cashier stand you'd like to take your meal to go before you tap your NDSU ID
- They will mark your meal as "to go" and instruct you to tap your ID on the card scanner
- Select your containers from the cashier
- You can select one 8x8, one 9x6 or both container sizes. You may also select a to-go beverage cup. To-go bowls and lids for soup or oatmeal are located at the service station
- Go to your food station(s) of choice
- At each station, slide the container under the plexiglass and ask for your specific order. Dining team members will not touch your containers.
- All food taken to go must fit inside your containers.
- If you have a 5- or 7-day unlimited meal plan:
- You may use one take-out meal per meal period (you may still enter the dining center for dine in as many times as you choose, within the parameters outlined below.)
- You will not be able to use a take-out meal for 30 minutes after entering a dining center for dine in.
- You will not be able to enter a dining center for 30 minutes after using a take-out meal
*Icons courtesy of the noun project.