Including U: Discussions in Higher Education
Including U is a conversation series focusing on a diverse range of experiences and identities in Higher Education. These sessions are held from Noon to 1 pm via Zoom [Zoom link] on the dates listed below. These discussions are OPEN TO ALL of the NDSU community: Faculty, Students, and Staff!
The MISSION of Including U is:
- To develop community among staff, students, and faculty through dialogue, learning, and mutual visioning
- To engage people around campus in consideration of various experiences and identities in Higher Education, particularly those which may be underrepresented
- To provide information from experts in a topic as an introduction to certain lived realities in our campus or local community
- To shed light on present efforts to work towards inclusion related to the topic presented
- To spark dialogue about challenges, ideas, concerns, and hopes regarding the development of inclusive practices at NDSU
Participants are encouraged to bring lunch with them to the discussions. Each session hosts experts from the local community and NDSU to present on a particular topic and invite dialogue.
Series Calendar 2020-2021
Indigenous Perspectives Part II
Changing LGBTQ+ Realities
Veteran Students and PTSD
Higher Ed and Different Abilities
Black Lives on Campus
New American and Refugee Realities
Women in Higher Ed
Underrepresented Campus Faiths
If you have an interest in being part of these panels or have an idea for a future topic, please contact Julie Nash firstname.lastname@example.org.