North Dakota State Grant
What is it?
North Dakota State Grant program is a state grant based on the information you provide on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Who is eligible?
Students must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to receive the grant:
- North Dakota resident
- Graduate of a North Dakota high school
- Undergraduate student
- Has not previously earned a bachelor's or professional degree
- Demonstrate financial need
- Meet college admission requirements
- Are not in default for any federal loans
- Have not received state grant funding for more than eight semester or twelve quarters
- Meet the April 15th FAFSA deadline date
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Will I have to pay it back?
No. This award does not have to be repaid.
If I am eligible, what is my next step?
NDSU will add the award to your Campus Connection account and automatically accept this award for students. Because your North Dakota State Grant is based on your enrollment status on a specified time and date, as published in the Dates and Deadlines, plan your registration accordingly. Wait list classes are not counted as enrolled credits. There is a lifetime maximum award of 8 full-time semesters. More detailed information on the North Dakota State Grant program.