Substance Use Laws and Policies
- NDSU Policy Manual: Section 155 Alcohol and Other Drugs: Unlawful and Unauthorized use by Students and Employees
- ND State Board of Higher Education Policy 918
- Alcohol Policy Information System
- North Dakota Century Code: Title 5 Alcoholic Beverages; Chapter 5-01 General Provisions and Chapter 19-03.1 Uniform Controlled Substances Act
- Fargo City Ordinances related to alcoholic beverages and minors: Article 10-01 and Article 25-15
Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Biennial Review
North Dakota State University complies with the Drug-Free School and Campuses Regulation that requires institutions of Higher Education to conduct a biennial review of their Alcohol and Other Drug programs and policies (EDGAR Part 86.100).
The 2020 Biennial Review is electronically available and paper copies are available at Student Health Service (Wallman Wellness Center) and the Vice Provost for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (Ceres Hall 124).
Student Health Service
- What's Your Buzz? is a blood alcohol concentration calculator, simple drink tracker, and your one-click source for a safe ride home. Download for free for your iPhone or Android device.
- Are you ready to quit tobacco? Student Health Service has Tobacco Treatment Specialists (TTS) who can help you along the cessation journey. These Specialists can provide education and guidance, discuss Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT), and connect you to NDQuits. Schedule your appointment on the Student Health Portal today!
- BASICS Alcohol Screening and Intervention
- Free, anonymous Online Screening
- Bison Recovery Community
- Weekly Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting and other Groups, Classes, and Workshops
Fargo and Moorhead Community Resources
- Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Annonymous - AA and NA meetings are held at a variety of times and locations throughout the Fargo-Moorhead area.
- Drake Counseling Services- Substance abuse services, counseling and assessment, mental health and depression counseling.
- FirstLink Hotline- 24-hour hotline providing listening and support, information and referral and crisis intervention; 701-235-SEEK(7335)
- Face It TOGETHER - Provide non-judgmental, confidential support for people impacted by addition, including loved ones.
- First Step Recovery - Provides treatment for individuals struggling with drug and alcohol dependency, non-profit organization, part of The Village Family Service Center.
- Lost and Found Recovery Center - Christian ministry of healing for those who struggle with addition, part of the Trinity Lutheran Church in Moorhead, MN
- Share House - Offer chemical dependency evaluations, outpatient chemical dependency, and mental health services.
- Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota- Programs supporting six service areas: Early Beginnings, Youth Interventions, Therapy Services, Senior Independence, Affordable Housing, Humanitarian Work.