Content | Navigation |

Accounting Office


General Ledger

Correction of Transactions

Generally transactions should be corrected in the system that was the source of the transaction.  If a department wants to change the coding on a payroll transaction, they need to use the payroll retro form so the transaction can be first corrected in the payroll system.  The payroll retro correction later will be included in the next payroll's general ledger posting.  For other types of coding corrections, such as accounts payable, the Interdepartmental Billing form may be used with appropriate supporting documentation.  If corrections are too numerous for the IDB form to be practical, please contact the Accounting Office to arrange a special spreadsheet upload of the corrections.

Student Focused. Land Grant. Research University.

Follow NDSU
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS
  • Google Maps

North Dakota State University
Phone: +1 (701) 231-7432 / Fax: (701) 231-6194
Campus address: Old Main 11
Physical/delivery address: 1340 Administration Ave., Fargo, ND 58102
Mailing address: NDSU Dept. 3100 / PO Box 6050 / Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Page manager: Accounting

Last Updated: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 2:46:07 PM