Content | Navigation |

Accounting Office


Non-Employee Travel

Travel expenses may be reimbursed to non-employees such as independent contractors or prospective candidates for employment.  Travel expense reimbursements will be limited to mileage, airline tickets, meals and lodging. 

To a certain extent, the type of travel expenses to be reimbursed and rate of reimbursement is negotiable between the department and the non-employee.  Rate limitations indicated in the employee travel section (Policy 515), do not necessarily apply to non-employees, although it is suggested that the employee rates be used.  The accounts payable voucher form should be used to reimburse non-employees for travel expenses (using account 623200 - Non-Employee Travel).

Student Focused. Land Grant. Research University.

Follow NDSU
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS
  • Google Maps

North Dakota State University

Phone: +1 (701) 231-7432 / Fax: (701) 231-6194
Campus address: Old Main 11
Physical/delivery address: 1340 Administration Ave, Fargo, ND 58102
Mailing address: NDSU Dept. 3100 / PO Box 6050 / Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Page manager: Accounting

Last Updated: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:09:28 PM
Privacy Statement