In addition to the Graduate School requirements, applicants must have evidence of a strong academic record in the biological sciences.
In your application you will be requested to address each of the following:
- The degree you are seeking (Comprehensive study-based MS, Thesis-based MS, or PhD).
- An explanation of how obtaining a graduate degree in our program fits your career goals.
- A description of the qualities you possess that will contribute to your success.
- A description of any relevant experiences you have had. If you have had research experience, it is important to include a letter of recommendation from your research adviser. (Particularly important for Thesis-based MS and PhD applicants)
- A list of the areas of research in the department that interest you. (Particularly important for Thesis-based MS and PhD applicants)
- The Department of Microbiological Sciences and North Dakota State University value and support individuals with diverse backgrounds, and experiences. Valuing our differences opens learning opportunities beyond the traditional classroom, resulting in a more rewarding education, research, and enhanced perspectives. Please write a statement that identifies the distinctive characteristics and/or life experiences, such as successfully overcoming obstacles or hardships, that you would bring to your graduate studies.