The Wellness Center offers multiple Graduate Assistant opportunities. Please see below for our openings:
Graduate Assistant - Fitness
The Graduate Assistant for Fitness will be responsible for assisting with the design, implementation, and management of all fitness related activities at the North Dakota State University Wellness Center. Under the supervision of the Fitness Coordinator, the graduate assistant will be responsible for coordinating and developing Personal Training and Group Fitness schedules, instructing ACE Group Fitness and Personal Training curriculum, teaching Group Fitness classes, personal training clients, and assisting with the supervision of staff.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution in Sport/Recreation Management, Exercise Science, Athletic Training, or related field.
· Admittance into an NDSU Graduate program in the following:
- Exercise and Nutrition Science OR Leadership in Physical Education and Sport.
· NCCA recognized certification (or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire) for group fitness and/or personal training.
- Certifying bodies include: NASM, ACE, NETA, AFAA, or ACSM.
· Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
· Knowledge of personal training and group fitness programming.
· Knowledge of safe conditioning procedures related to various types of free weight equipment, pin-selected weight equipment, plate-loaded, and cardiovascular equipment.
· Successful completion of criminal background check.
For more information and to apply, please visit the job posting on Handshake by clicking here Please reference Job #6299398