To Apply for Student Jobs in Fitness, Recreation, Aquatics, Child Care and more:
The NDSU Wellness Center takes applications year-round and is a work study employer.
To apply for a position, complete the application and submit with all required materials.
Your application will not be considered if it is incomplete.
The following positions are available to students for work study or on-campus employment:
- Fitness Staff: Supervise fitness activities, assist members, conduct orientation classes and individual fitness testing. Monitor and clean equipment, assist in equipment maintenance, and design programs. Ensure all members of the Wellness Center are following policies and procedures. Priority is given to students in HNES majors. All majors accepted.
- Group Exercise Instructors: Teach exercise and fitness classes with up to 40 members. Experience preferred, but not required.
- Recreational Sports & Intramural Staff: Oversee operations during open recreation times. Make sure equipment is clean and that all members of the Wellness Center are following policies and procedures. Reserve courts, launder towels.
- Climbing Wall Staff: Oversee climbing wall operations. Teach climbing clinics and help maintain safe practices on the wall. Participate in climbing competition planning and route setting.
- Sports Officials: Officiating intramural sports. No certification needed. Training provided.
- Customer Service Desk Staff: Control access to Wellness Center, register new memberships, supervise general activities, monitor and clean areas, assist in special program creation and registration for fitness programs. Some clerical duties, including filing, word processing, copying, data entry, etc. Handle cash, stock vending machines, answer phones, customer service.
- Office Assistant: Answer phones, greet customers, run errands, copy, file, computer data entry, type, collate, staple, mass/bulk mailings, etc. Computer experience preferred. Should be able to work between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Lifeguard: Maintain continuous surveillance of members in aquatic facility. Ensure appropriate headcount at all times for capacity policies. Provide safety information to members and enforce safe water participation policies. Spot hazards and perform rescues.
- Child Care Staff: Supervision of children ages 6 weeks to 6 years. Must be dependable and enjoy being actively involved with children.
Questions? Contact Bradley.Jones@ndsu.edu or call 701-231-6511.
Student Employment &