Student Part-time Jobs
What makes the Wellness Center a good place for employment?
Working at the Wellness Center is a great opportunity for students! We are a student-funded and student-focused facility. While working at the Wellness Center, we provide a convenient and positive place to work while developing transferable skills that will help you regardless of your major or career path. Here are some reasons why the Wellness Center is a great place to work:
- Located right on campus
- Will work around your class schedule
- Room for promotion within the facility
- Great stepping stone for future employment
- Looks great on a resume
The NDSU Wellness Center takes applications year-round and is a work study employer. To apply for a position, complete and submit the application with a resume and any required certifications, if necessary (lifeguards). Your application will not be considered if it is incomplete and does require a resume.
The following positions are available to students for work study or on-campus employment.
- Fitness Staff: This position provides support in maintaining a safe environment for all Wellness Center participants. Fitness staff also ensure that all participants will learn the importance of our building policies and can answer all questions regarding Fitness programs offered at the Wellness Center. Duties include supervising fitness activities, assisting members and monitoring and cleaning equipment.
- Group Fitness Instructors: This position provides education, motivation and leadership to assist members in establishing and reaching their wellness goals. GroupFIT instructors ensure the delivery of a safe and welcoming exercise environment for Wellness Center members and guests. Certifications preferred to apply.
- Recreation Desk: Recreation Desk staff ensures that all participants learn the importance of our building policies and can answer questions regarding recreational equipment and intramural sports programs offered at the Wellness Center. Duties include checking out all general use equipment, completing laundry for towels and cleaning and monitoring the recreational areas to ensure a safe and inviting area for everyone.
- Climbing Wall Staff: Climbing wall staff oversees climbing wall operations to make sure that all patrons are knowledgeable and safe while creating an enjoyable environment. Duties include teaching belay certification classes, assisting with route setting, completing inventory checks and providing high quality customer service.
- Intramural Officials: Intramural sports that utilize officials are flag football, basketball, indoor soccer and volleyball. Officials are responsible in calling a fair game, while providing participants a safe, fun and inviting atmosphere. No certification needed and training is provided.
- Customer Service Desk Staff: Customer Service Desk provides support to the customer service and membership sales within the Wellness Center, along with services in support of other areas. Duties include membership sales, cash handling, policy enforcement, knowledge of events and building schedules/program information, controlling access to the Wellness Center, signing up new members, monitor and clean lobby/atrium area, answering phones and delivering high quality customer service.
- Lifeguard: Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of patrons using the aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. Lifeguards maintain continuous surveillance of members in the aquatic facility, ensure appropriate headcounts at all times for capacity policies and provide safety information to members and enforce safe water participation policies. Applicants must have a current lifeguard certification.
- Child Care Staff: The Child Care requires dependable, energetic and caring individuals that enjoy being actively involved with children between the ages of six weeks and six years. Workers present infants and toddlers basic concepts through reading and play. Applicants must want to provide care in a fun and dynamic work environment.
Student Employment &