What makes the Wellness Center a good place for employment?
Working at the Wellness Center is a great opportunity for students! We are a student-funded and student-focused facility. While working at the Wellness Center, we provide a convenient and positive place to work while developing transferable skills that will help you regardless of your major or career path. Here are some reasons why the Wellness Center is a great place to work:
- Located right on campus
- Will work around your class schedule
- Room for promotion within the facility
- Great stepping stone for future employment
- Looks great on a resume
The NDSU Wellness Center takes applications year-round and is a work study employer. To apply for a position, complete and submit the application with a resume and any required certifications, if necessary (lifeguards, GroupFIT instructors). Your application will not be considered if it is incomplete or does not include a resume.
The Wellness Center is currently seeking applications for the Communication and Marketing Intern position. The internship works with the marketing team to coordinate the marketing and advertising of Wellness Center programs and manage the day-to-day tasks of the marketing plan. This intern also primarily runs the Wellness Center's social media. The full position description is here along with the pieces needed to apply. Email the application materials to email@example.com by Friday, February 17. Please contact Kelsey with any questions.
The following positions are available to students for work study or on-campus employment.
- Facility Staff: This position provides support in maintaining a safe environment for all Wellness Center participants. Staff will ensure all participants understand the building policies, answer all questions regarding fitness and recreational programs, check out general use equipment, launder towels, clean equipment and assist members as needed in the fitness and recreation areas. This position requires great customer service skills and the ability to handle confrontation.
- Group Fitness Instructors: This position provides education, motivation and leadership to assist members in establishing and reaching their wellness goals. GroupFIT instructors ensure the delivery of a safe and welcoming exercise environment for Wellness Center members and guests. Certifications preferred to apply.
- Climbing Wall: Climbing wall staff oversees climbing wall operations to make sure that all patrons are knowledgeable and safe while creating an enjoyable environment. Duties include teaching belay certification classes, assisting with route setting, completing inventory checks and providing high quality customer service.
- Intramural Officials: Intramural sports that utilize officials are flag football, basketball, indoor soccer and volleyball. Officials are responsible in calling a fair game, while providing participants a safe, fun and inviting atmosphere. No certification needed and training is provided.
- Customer Service Desk: Customer Service Desk provides support to the customer service and membership sales within the Wellness Center, along with services in support of other areas. Duties include membership sales, cash handling, policy enforcement, knowledge of events and building schedules/program information, controlling access to the Wellness Center, signing up new members, monitor and clean lobby/atrium area, answering phones and delivering high quality customer service.
- Lifeguard: Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of patrons using the aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. Lifeguards maintain continuous surveillance of members in the aquatic facility, ensure appropriate headcounts at all times for capacity policies and provide safety information to members and enforce safe water participation policies. Applicants must have a current lifeguard certification.
- Child Care: The Child Care requires dependable, energetic and caring individuals that enjoy being actively involved with children between the ages of six weeks and six years. Workers present infants and toddlers basic concepts through reading and play. Applicants must want to provide care in a fun and dynamic work environment.
- Swim Lesson Instructor: Swim lesson instructors teach swim lessons to children, building the skills to be safe in and around water. Applicants must either have a current certification or be willing to obtain certification before teaching.
- Outdoor Adventures: Outdoor Adventures staff provides equipment rentals for participants wanting to take on the great outdoors. Duties include preparing equipment for use, processing rental transactions, and answering any questions regarding outdoor equipment rentals or resources
- Personal Trainers: Students who either have a current national personal training certification or are interested in getting the certification can contact Jenna.Eckstein@ndsu.edu for more information. Trainers work with clients to create workouts and plans to help them achieve fitness goals.