Student Part-time Jobs
What makes the Wellness Center a good place for employment?
Working at the Wellness Center is a great opportunity for students! We are a student-funded and student-focused facility. While working at the Wellness Center, you will never have to worry about juggling school and work. Here are some reasons why:
- Located right on campus
- Will work around your class schedule
- Room for promotion within the facility
- Great stepping stone for future employment
- Looks great on a resume
The NDSU Wellness Center takes applications year-round and is a work study employer. To apply for a position, complete and submit the application with all required materials. Your application will not be considered if it is incomplete.
The following positions are available to students for work study or on-campus employment.
- Fitness Staff: Monitor fitness activities, assist members, clean equipment, assist in equipment maintenance and enforce Wellness Center policies for all members to ensure a safe environment. Priority is given to students in HNES majors, although all majors are accepted.
- Personal Trainers: Perform comprehensive fitness evaluations and BodPod assessments, create individualized fitness programs and lead clients through personal and group sessions to help them reach their fitness goals. Must start out as Fitness Staff.
- Group Exercise Instructors: Teach exercise and fitness classes with up to 40 members. Experience is preferred, but not required.
- Recreation Desk: Oversee operations during open recreation times. Make sure equipment is clean and that all members of the Wellness Center are following policies and procedures. Reserve courts and launder towels.
- Climbing Wall Staff: Oversee climbing wall operations. Teach climbing clinics and help maintain safe practices on the wall. Participate in climbing competition planning and route setting.
- Intramural Officials: Officiate intramural basketball, volleyball, flag football and/or indoor soccer. No certification needed and training provided.
- Customer Service Desk Staff: Control access to the Wellness Center, register new memberships, supervise general activities, monitor/clean areas and assist in registration for fitness programs. Some clerical duties including filing, word processing, copying, data entry, etc. Handle cash, answer phones and display customer service skills.
- Lifeguard: Maintain continuous surveillance of members in aquatics. Ensure appropriate headcount at all times for capacity policies. Provide safety information to members and enforce safe water participation policies. Spot hazards and perform rescues.
- Child Care Staff: Supervision of children ages six weeks to five years old. Must be dependable and enjoy being actively involved with children.
Student Employment &