To Apply for Student Jobs in Child Care
The NDSU Wellness Center Child Care Center takes applications for employment year-round.
Click Here for a: Wellness Center Child Care Center Application
To Apply for Student Jobs in Fitness, Recreation, and more
The NDSU Wellness Center takes applications year-round and is a workstudy employer.
To apply for a position, complete the application and submit with all required materials.
Your application will not be considered if it is incomplete.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 701-231-5213
The following positions are available to students for work study or on-campus employment:
- Fitness Staff: Supervise fitness activities, assist members, conduct orientation classes and individual fitness testing. Monitor and clean equipment, assist in equipment maintenance, and design programs. Ensure all members of the Wellness Center are following policies and procedures. Priority is given to students in HNES majors. All majors accepted.
- Group Exercise Instructors: Teach exercise and fitness classes with up to 40 members. Experience preferred, but not required.
- Recreational Sports & Intramural Staff: Oversee operations during open recreation times. Make sure equipment is clean and that all members of the Wellness Center are following policies and procedures. Reserve courts, launder towels.
- Climbing Wall Staff: Oversee climbing wall operations. Teach climbing clinics and help maintain safe practices on the wall. Participate in climbing competition planning and route setting.
- Sports Officials: Officiating intramural sports. No certification needed. Training provided.
- Customer Service Desk Staff: Control access to Wellness Center, register new memberships, supervise general activities, monitor and clean areas, assist in special program creation and registration for fitness programs. Some clerical duties, including filing, word processing, copying, data entry, etc. Handle cash, stock vending machines, answer phones, customer service.
- Child Care Staff: Supervision of children ages 6 weeks to 6 years during 4-hour drop-off. Assist with snack preparation and clean-up. Assist with office tasks such as typing, copying and filing. Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification encouraged but not required. Must be dependable and love playing with children. Must have experience working with children. Background check will be conducted.