Consumer Decision Making
Every day you make decisions, such as what you are going to eat, what you are going to wear, or what to buy. Consumer Decision Making teaches you how to make decisions based on information that you have learned and studied and on facts that you have collected. It can also help you learn to defend your decisions.
The 4-H Consumer Decision Making Contest can help you practice making decisions by matching your knowledge, skills and abilities against those of others. You will learn to rank items based on standards and quality.
- Learn to make wise decisions based on current information
- Learn critical thinking skills
- Learn to verbalize and defend decisions
- Develop observation skills
- Learn to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Meet new people and learn from them
- Enjoy friendly competition
- Generalize the decision-making process into everyday problem solving