Building Tomorrow's Leaders, Jr.
Building Tomorrow’s Leaders Jr. is a civic engagement and leadership program geared to upper elementary and middle school students from NDSU Extension and the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction.
- Explore leadership in schools and communities.
- Practice essential leadership skills.
- Complete a service-learning project.
The modules take students through hands-on activities and thought-provoking discussions to learn and improve:
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing
- Dealing with conflict
- Taking responsibility
- Interpersonal communication
The program includes:
- Ready-to-use resource divided into eight modules that can be adapted to meet student and program needs.
- Mini grants available for activities, lessons and project supplies depending on number of students and program implementation ideas and requests.