Apple Tree Leaf Distortions and Cupping From Herbicides
• Abnormal growth, necrosis, blistering and discoloration occurs in plant tissues.
Management and other important facts
• Always read and follow the product label when applying herbicides.
• Avoid applying herbicides during windy conditions to prevent herbicide drift.
• Avoid applying broadleaf herbicides on warm days.
• The use of farm-grade chemicals for broadleaf weed control on lawns has killed even mature trees.
Authors: Aaron Bergdahl and Joseph Zeleznik
This website was supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Agricultural Marketing Service through grant 14-SCBGP-ND-0038.
Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the USDA.