A legislative appropriation in 1949 permitted the construction of the first of what was later to result in a battery of five modern greenhouses, completed in 1956. Included were inoculation chambers for special disease studies and resistance tests of hybrid material and temperature controls that were of great help to the plant breeders/geneticists and plant pathologists. These greenhouses are commonly referred to by the name of the manufacturer, Lord and Burnham, makers of major public greenhouse conservatories in the U.S. This facility is currently utilized by the Departments of Plant Sciences and Plant Pathology, and the USDA Agricultural Research Service.
1221 16th Street North
Fargo, ND 58102