Construction on the Health Center began in August 1939, but took until the spring of 1940 to finish due to a labor shortage in the Works Progress Administration (W.P.A). When finished, the building was a one-story structure with a basement measuring 60 feet long and 40 feet wide. T. L. Hanson, head of the architecture department, and Paul Jones, Fargo architect and former NDAC faculty member, drew up the plans. The total cost for the building was $25,000 with the money coming from a $1 student contribution each term to the health fund and money coming from the W.P.A.
1331 Administration Avenue
Fargo, ND 58102